The Call & Post was started in 1916 by Cleveland inventor Garrett Morgan and merged with the Cleveland Post in 1929 to become the Call & Post Newspaper. With the influence of editor & publisher W.O. Walker in 1932, the Call & Post established itself as the most influential voice for African Americans in all metropolitan regions throughout Ohio. The Call & Post is owned by King Media Enterprises, Inc., Don King, Publisher, and is distributed weekly, each Wednesday for a newsstand price of .50¢.
“The People’s Paper” features local, national, and international news touching Cleveland, Cincinnati,
Columbus, and every other unique Ohio urban center where the Call & Post is relied apon to keep over 80,000 readers in touch with their community.
Call & Post advertisements reach 3 of the top 25 African American markets in the United States (Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati), and Call & Post advertisements are delivered to our base of 40,000 in paid subscriptions/circulation, and a statewide readership that is over 80,000 strong.
Call & Post newsprint edition is distributed in 400+ retail locations in Cleveland, Columbus
The CALL & POST works in a PC environment for the preparation and reproduction of graphics.
Quark Express, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PageMaker
ACCEPTED FILE FORMATS
• Adobe PDF is preferred (using press or press optimized settings, fonts embedded)
• TIFF ,JPEG is accepted
• Illustrator EPS (all fonts must be converted to outlines)
• RTF (rich text) or Word doc files for news and classified copy
• File resolution 500 dpi
• Color images should be prepared for CMYK process color
• There will be an additional 15% of the cost of the ad or a minimum charge of $50 for any creative
work (e.g. ad development, typesetting, etc.) done by the CALL & POST
• Advertisers needing the service of a photographer will be charged an additional $50
• The CALL & POST is not responsible for errors, once the advertiser approves the proof
• Clients requesting 33% or more revision of proof ad will incur a $15 service charge
• Changes cannot be made to a PDF file by the CALL & POST. Clients must make changes and
resend a new PDF
• Ads produced in Microsoft Word or Publisher is unacceptable
AD MATERIAL DELIVERY/DEADLINES
All camera ready advertisements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to your Account
Display advertising space reservation is Wednesday at 3:00PM prior to publication. The ad copy must be
submitted by Friday at 12 noon before the publication week.
Classified advertising space reservation is Friday at 12noon prior to publication. The ad copy must be
submitted by Monday at 12 noon before the publication date.
Inserts are to be scheduled two weeks prior to desired insertion date and must be delivered to the printer
no later than Friday at 4 p.m. prior to insertion date. Shipments must be clearly marked “CALL & POST”
with quantity number and publication insertion date.
The News Herald
7085 Mentor Avenue
Willoughby, Ohio 44095
Cancellations must be submitted in writing and or by specific notification to the account executive by Friday,
NOON prior to the publication week. If no notice is received the advertiser and/or agency will be billed for
space reservation. A ten percent charge may be applied to cancellations received after the deadline.
No other cancellation will be honored during run week –NO EXCEPTIONS.
Publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertisement.